Sunday 24 November 2013

Widgets

10 Proven Ways to Generate Website Traffic

Posted by Unknown at 10:38
There are hundreds of ways to generate website traffic, but in this article, I want to cover some of the fundamental tactics.
These are ways that I’ve used in my business, and I know from personal experience that they work.
In the end, this is about building a blog and business that will be with you for years to come.
This is not about quick-fix strategies that get slapped by Google after a few months.
So let’s jump right into the first way, shall we?
1. Guest Blogging
The absolute first one for any blog is to do guest blogging, which means to write articles for other blogs and websites in exchange for links back to your site.
This is the tactic I’ve used to build my blog up to thousands of subscribers. I’ve built a business around writing for others.
To find guest blogging opportunities either check out the blogs you’re already reading, or go to your favorite search engine and type in: “niche + “write for us””
2. Forums
The next way to generate targeted website traffic is forums.
find big forums in your niche, and start contributing. Don’t promote your own website. Just provide value and be helpful.
So how do people find your site?
You put a link and a call to action in your signature, which is the part below all of your posts, just like an email signature.
Some forums don’t allow signatures, so make sure the forum you’re registering for does.
3. Blog Commenting
Then we have blog commenting.
Blog commenting isn’t the best way to generate website traffic, but it still works in getting some traffic to your site.
A big advantage of blog commenting is that it helps you connect with the site owner. And if you comment on dozens of blogs, people will see you everywhere, and they’ll get curious.
4. Article Marketing
Article marketing is something I’ve used to build up multiple passive income streams throughout the years.
I now prefer guest blogging, because it’s easier, but if you’re not ready to write for blogs with thousands of readers, I suggest you look at article marketing.
When I do article marketing, I only write for EzineArticles.com. I don’t bother submitting to hundreds of directories, because EzineArticles gives me the best bang for my time.
5. Interviews
When your blog starts growing, and especially if you can show people that you know what you’re talking about, you will get interviewed.
Interviews are great for expanding your reach and building links to your blog.
This tactic is more for bloggers who already have a following. But it can work for beginners if you’ve carved out your niche well.
6. Podcast
Starting your own podcast is a great way to expand your reach. I just started mine not too long ago, and the response has been fantastic.
There are millions of blogs competing against each other, but only a few hundred thousand podcasts at the time I write this.
And depending on which market you’re in, the numbers will vary.
Conducting a podcast is scary for most people, so they don’t do it. If you can push your comfort zone and do things other do not, you will stand out.
And you will generate traffic to your blog.
7. Video Tutorials
If you want to take things even further, you can start creating videos.
You don’t have to be in front of the camera. You could do PowerPoint, or Keynote, presentations and use software that records your screen, such as Camtasia for PC or Screenflow for Mac.
You could even repurpose your podcast into video, as long as you put in some slides or visuals to keep people interested.
8. Free Course
Another great way to generate website traffic is to create a free course.
Yes, a course that you give away. Make sure you do some keyword research before you create it. Pick a keyword you can rank for and then use the keyword in the title of your free course.
This will help you rank when people link to your course. The goal is to make the course so good that people want to spread it.
9. Proper SEO
You can’t forget proper SEO. I’m talking about both on-site and off-site.
Use keywords that your market uses. Pick ones that you can compete for when you write articles, create podcasts, and upload videos.
Google has made a lot of changes, but SEO is not dead. Google wants to rank good content, so help them find yours.
And remember to make it easy for the search engines. Use keywords that are relevant, and then get people to share your content.
10. Hard Work
Most people look for quick-fix strategies when it comes to generating more traffic to their website or blog.
But if there’s anything I’ve learned throughout the years of running an online business, it’s that this takes hard work.
And the more willing you are to put in the work, the more targeted website traffic you will generate.
I am living proof of this. I’ve never succeeded with the latest tactic. Instead I’ve slowly built up my online business.
And today I can do what I want, when I want and from where I want. I have the freedom I want. And I have control over my time.
Wrap Up
Focus on working hard instead of looking for a quick-fix, because that’s when you’ll start seeing real results with your blog and your business.
One of the big ones I left out of this article was social media, because I haven’t focused a lot of my efforts on it. Many of my articles have gone viral, but I still haven’t found a formula that guarantees results.
All I can say is to produce great content, work hard, and keep taking action.
If you do those three things, you will go far.


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Blog Archive

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | A2z Earning Articles Box | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top